Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress Review
|Product Name:||Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress|
|Mattress Type:||Gel-Memory Foam|
|Dimensions (queen size):||80 x 60 x 12 inches|
|Warranty Period:||20 Years|
The Serta 12-inch Gel memory foam mattress first came into the market in 2011 and has gotten a good amount of positive reviews from consumers. This mattress is made in the U.S. and has a 3 layer design composing of a 2.5 inch gel memory foam comfort layer, a 2.5 inch custom support layer for support and continuous air flow, and a 7 inch high density foam layer as the base. One thing to note is that Serta is the largest mattress brand in the United States. Like most mattresses nowadays, it is shipped in a vacuum sealed packaging which expands to a full-sized mattress when opened. This mattress comes in twin, full, queen, king and California king sizes.
Features of the Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress
The Serta 12-inch Gel memory foam mattress comes with some features that make it suitable for individuals who enjoy sleeping on their sides:
- Gel Memory Foam. The mattress’ gel memory foam is made with Serta’s exclusive open cell memory foam and gel support beads which is not only designed to provide comfort, but also a cooler sleep surface. Keeping the surface of the mattress cool for sleeping is an important feature especially in traditional memory foam mattresses are they can trap heat.
- Medium Firmness. A medium firmness is ideal for most side sleepers as it provides the support and comfort needed for pressure relief.
- Custom ActivAir Support Layer. This mattress comes with a 2.5 inch ActivAir foam in the middle which helps promote better airflow. This, in addition to the gel memory foam layer, helps dissipate heat and provides a cool and comfortable sleeping surface.
Advantages of the Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress
This Serta branded mattress has a several advantages which you should take into account if this is one of the mattresses you are looking to purchase.
- Serta Branded. Serta, being the largest mattress brand in the U.S. certainly has lots of experience as a company in making comfortable, high quality mattresses. Serta has been around since 1931 and has been in the bedding market for over 70 years now.
- Heat Dissipation for Maximum Comfort. If you’re someone who can’t sleep when it gets too warm, this mattress might be your best bet. Many individuals who own this mattress have stated that the gel memory foam comfort layer coupled with the ActivAir support layer provide an efficient means circulate air and to keep the mattress cool.
- Mild to No Odor. This mattress’ “new” odor is absent or negligible. At most, the mattress requires a few hours with windows open to remove any odor from the mattress.
- No Mattress Flipping Required. Serta claims that unlike old technology mattresses, no mattress flipping is required to ensure uniform wear and tear of the mattress.
Disadvantages of the Serta 12-Inch Gel-Memory Foam Mattress
While this 12-inch Gel memory foam mattress has a reliable brand to its name, there are a few cons that have should be kept in mind.
- Not Quite Medium Firmness. A minority of users have reported the memory foam mattress to be hard which does not provide the support and comfort needed by the side sleeping posture.
- Warranty Claiming Process. Since this mattress was released in 2011, several customers have had it for a few years during which, warranty claims have been filed for one reason or the other. Some of these customers have reported the troublesome process of the claim and having the need to pay up to $200 for the warranty process. An insider tip is that the rights to these mattresses have been sold/transferred to Sleep Innovations and therefore any warranty claims have to go through them.
The Serta gel memory foam mattress is good choice if you are making the switch to a memory foam mattress and if you are worried about how warm memory foam mattresses can get. The top two layers which help dissipate heat ensures a cool and comfortable sleep. Serta designed mattresses are of top quality and if you’ve been a long Serta customer before, this will be a great choice. This mattress, although released to the market in 2011, still provides stiff competition to newer mattresses in the market today.
Check out the Best Mattress for Side Sleepers page to look at other mattresses that are rated highly today.BUY this mattress now!